What is infrastructure Assessment ?
The product quality much depends on the
available production infrastructure and quality system practices available with
the manufacturer. To ensure this, DOT QA does infrastructure assessment, which
- Validation of quality system procedures adopted
- Production process employed
- Test equipment & test procedures provided
- Level of value addition
- Production capacity
What is Production Qualification Tests ?
Production Qualification Tests
Production Qualification Tests are done
before Bulk Production approval. This is to ascertain :
- Bulk produced equipment meets the GR
- Quality and Reliability in the production process
- Adequacy of infrastructure
- Efficacy of production process
- CACT approval for components
- Value addition in case of HTOT
What is Vendor Rating ?
Vendor Rating :Vendor Rating is introduced in the
Department to procure items/equipments from a vendor who is able to delivery the
product in good quality on competitive process, with timely deliveries to
achieve planned operational targets.
The weightage presently given are 0.6
for price, 0.3 for delivery and 0.1 for quality. At present Quality Rating is
done based on ISO 9000 certification. The QA Circle is responsible for giving
the delivery ratings to different vendors.